Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Warm Weather and Signs of Summer

We have been enjoying some wonderful warm weather this week. A friend of mine saw her first Swallow of the year on Monday. Today I was around the Brinsbury College Estate in the afternoon when I suddenly heard a familiar sound - a singing Chiffchaff, the very first time I have heard one this year. Upon arriving home I found out that my Mum had also seen heard one today, singing and feeding in pussy-willow trees near the entrance of a dis-used caravan park at Midhurst, West Sussex. 17th of March and it finally feels as if Spring is well and truly here.



This is a photo of a singing Chiffchaff that I took last year.

All photos published in good faith, please respect all copyright by not using or copying any of the images on this blog without permission. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment